Please see the following video message from our new President Maureen Cava
To promote and protect the health of Ontarians through excellence in public health nursing leadership
Our members are public health nurses employed at the management level across Ontario. Formed in 2015, we are the combined voice for 2 original groups: the Association of Nursing Directors, Supervisors of Official Health Agencies and the Ontario Public Health Chief Nursing Officers Group.
Accountable, Collaborative, Innovative and Responsive
2016 will be a transition year for us. We have a new name and new team. Join us. Be part of the change.
- Build & collaborate with strategic partners to advocate for nursing practice to improve health
- Collaborate with schools of nursing to ensure nursing curriculum includes public health
- Develop strategic alliances with key public health partners
System level impact
- Determine & operationalize system level priorities and participate in stakeholder consultations
- Enhance interactions with key stakeholders to address system level issues on public health nursing, population health and the determinants of health
Foster a Highly Competent & Innovative Workforce
- Identify & address strategies to build leadership capacity
- Strengthen & develop public health & nursing competencies, entry to practice, quality of care & the practice environment
- Explore opportunities to build membership
- Create strategies for member engagement